Here at AIS, we have an exciting opportunity available for a junior buyer to join our Furniture and Home team based in Solihull. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience.
AIS is the UK and Ireland’s leading buying and services group for fashion, home and leisure for independent retail. The business is now entering an exciting time of change, with a new MD at the helm and a transformational agenda to bring a more commercial and customer-focused approach to this well-established and successful membership organisation.
As our junior buyer you will work to the AIS and divisional product strategy to achieve a leading-edge, commercial, sustainable, and profitable product offer, working collaboratively living the company values, working as one team.
* Work closely with the category manager and take ownership of designated product areas
* Contribute and work cross-functionally to the overall division strategy by participating in product, brand and sales reviews with the senior team
* Propose and execute plans to drive sales and Cenpac revenue across the membership, focusing on initiatives that drive the best return
* Demonstrate commercial awareness and product expertise through sourcing new products, brands and suppliers. Utilise industry resources (shows, industry news, etc) to ensure we are leading edge in industry developments and trends
* Work with the category manager to contribution to the management of the P&Ls, have a general awareness of its principles and make decisions to maximise sales and minimise costs
* Develop commercial, seasonal own-brand, brand and exclusive ranges. Using trade insight, create optimum good, better and best range construction to deliver commercial and profitable ranges, working to category budgets, commercial margins and critical path. Communicate the product proposition positively to the members
* Make informed decisions, trend, market data, member feedback, industry press and trade shows, sales data, competitor landscape. Share insights within the internal product teams and to the member audience where applicable
* In conjunction with the category manager, provide a high standard of customer service by making regular member calls or visits to build relationships, ensuring clear objectives are in place, understand target customer, review turnover, discuss rebate targets, store presentation, and recommend new brands and ranges.
* Develop strong business relationship with members, working collaboratively with the category manager via webinars, strategy groups, member calls and attending member meetings to drive collaborative AIS member and supplier engagement
* Visit member stores in line with the travel budget and in liaison with other divisions, setting clear objectives and reporting on actions and findings
What we’re looking for in our junior buyer:
* Exceptional commercial eye for product
* Strong commercial awareness of homewares product category and the overall market
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels
* Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box
* Fresh thinker, and generates ideas with a ‘can do’ attitude
* Exceptional negotiator and has strong influencing skills
* A flexible and reliable team player
* Computer literacy including competence in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Able to consistently produce accurate work to a high standard
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become the junior buyer at AIS, then please click apply today! We’d love to hear from you.