We are a family-run furniture retailer with 10 stores across Scotland’s central belt. Our company was founded 12 years ago, and we specialise in selling high-end, luxury furniture, garden furniture, and home accessories.
We are expanding, and are looking for a senior buyer with international buying experience to join our team.
As a senior buyer, you will be responsible for sourcing, selecting and negotiating with suppliers to ensure the best possible products are available for our customers. You will also work closely with our merchandising and marketing teams to ensure the right products are available at the right time, and at the right price.
• Identify and source new products and suppliers, domestically and internationally
• Negotiate pricing, payment terms and delivery schedules with suppliers to ensure optimal cost and delivery times
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure quality, consistency, and timely delivery of products
• Collaborate with the merchandising team to develop and execute product strategies that align with company goals
• Work closely with the marketing team to develop and execute promotional campaigns that maximise product sales
• Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities that can improve product selection and sales
• Analyse sales data to identify product performance and make recommendations for product improvements
• Minimum of three years of experience as an international buyer in the furniture and home accessories industry
• Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to analyse data and make informed decisions
• Strong project management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
We offer a competitive salary, generous bonus, and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing team.
This hybrid role comprises two days per week in our office in Ayrshire, Scotland. If you are interested in relocating to Scotland, we can help with that too.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.