The 23rd edition of Proposte, Cernobbio's World Preview of Furnishing Fabrics and Curtains, closed on 29th April, attacting 6231 visitors from 66 countries – a slight drop from last year's attendance figure of 6593.

Of these visitors, 2042 Italians accounted for 32.78%, and 4189 foreigners the remaining 67.22% – for every three visitors to Villa Erba, two were foreign nationals.

An analysis of foreign company attendance figures gives another significant result, with a total of 3414, showing a 3.51% increase compared to 2014.

The 93 exhibitors – 45 from Italy, 45 from other European countries and three from Turkey – reported a "very satisfactory show".

The lower number of Italian companies confirms a steady drop in domestic consumption, with visits from Italian businesses down 11% on 2014.

The number of visitors from Great Britain were up, at 559.

The two shows held in parallel with Proposte - the Carpet Show in Villa Bernasconi and the International Observatory in the two Cernobbioshed and Sheraton Lake Como Hotel venues - proved a valuable source of information on international market expectations.