The Furniture Industry Research Association hosted its Annual General Meeting (AGM) yesterday, which signalled some changes to the Council which governs the Research Association.
Two new members were elected to the Council - Nigel Punshon, sales director, Hille Educational Products, and Alan Bennett, MD, Stuart Jones.
In addition it was announced that Margaret Miller, chairman of Knightsbridge, was retiring from the Council. Also stepping down from their Council roles are Andy Corbett, Dave Huss, Jeremy Stein and Richard Stevenson.
Speaking on the council changes, Charles Vernon, chairman of the Furniture Industry Research Association, says: “Firstly I would like to extend a warm welcome to both Nigel and Alan. Their skillset and backgrounds will very much complement colleagues on the Council, as we continue in our work to support the furniture supply chain through knowledge, research, information and influence.
“Secondly, I would like to thank Margaret, Andy, Dave, Jeremy and Richard for their contributions to the Council, and wider research association, over many years’ of service. Their support has been very much appreciated.”
As of today, the Furniture Industry Research Association council now comprises:
- Charles Vernon, chairman
- Mark Richardson, vice chairman and MD, Blum UK
- Jessica Alexander, executive director, The National Bed Federation
- Anne Barber, owner, In Heaven at Home
- Steve Barton, LifeArt
- Pete Beele, technical development manager, FIRA International
- Alan Bennett, MD, Stuart Jones
- Eric Catton, Catton Associates
- Paul Critchley, home delivery supply operations manager, Home Retail Group
- Andy Green, business development director, Ministry of Furniture
- Jonathan Hindle, group MD, KI
- Rob Jones, head of after sales, ScS
- Rodney McMahon, MD, Morgan Furniture
- Nigel Punshon, sales director, Hille Educational Products
- Richard Ranklin, association manager, Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers (AMUSF)
- Phil Reynolds, general manager, FIRA International
- John Stevenson, operations and business development director, Exova Group