Those working from home, tired of staring at the same four walls all day and longing for a change of scenery, might wish to consider investing in some outdoor office furniture, suggests Poly Furniture Supply …
Outdoor office furniture can make your work life more enjoyable and help you stay productive. In this guide, we'll give you tips on how to choose the right pieces of outdoor office furniture for your needs.
Best furniture for an outdoor office
While most people think of outdoor furniture as something to relax on in their backyard or patio, there is a growing trend of setting up an outdoor office. You can do this in several ways, but the best way is with furniture compatible with an outdoor office space.
Here are some tips on how to choose the best outdoor office furniture:
* Look for furniture that is weather resistant. This is important because you want your furniture to be able to withstand the elements
* Make sure the furniture is comfortable. You will spend a lot of time sitting in it, so you want to ensure it is comfortable
* Choose furniture that is easy to clean. This is important because you will likely be spending a lot of time outside, and you don’t want to have to deal with cleaning up after yourself all the time
* Make sure the furniture is stylish. After all, you want your outdoor office to look good!
You'll need an outdoor chair and table to be productive while working from home. Choose a chair that has adequate back support and a table that is a comfortable height.
Swivel chairs are an excellent choice for an outdoor office because they allow you to move around easily. They also come in various styles, so you can find one that fits your personality and outdoor decor.
For tables, you can choose a fairly standard design or one with an umbrella holder for some shade. Also, if your patio has space constraints, opting for a collapsable deck table might be a good choice.
Other things you need to move your office outdoors
Besides moving furniture, your home office outdoors will require a few other necessities. Here are some other items you might find helpful …
If you are working outdoors, you are going to need some shade. An umbrella is a good choice because you can easily move it around as the sun moves. Or, if you have the option, strategically placing your desk under an awning or covered patio is a good option too.
When working outdoors, protecting your skin from the sun is vital. Be sure to apply sunscreen regularly, and consider wearing a hat or sunglasses to help protect your eyes from the sun's harmful rays if you can't sit in the shade.
You will need some lighting if you are working in the evenings or early mornings. A lamp is a good choice because you can move it around as needed. If you prefer more ambiance with your lighting, adding hanging string lights around your outdoor office will provide soft lighting that isn't too overbearing.
Working from home can be distracting enough, but outdoor noise can make it even harder to focus. If you live in a busy area, you might consider investing in a white noise machine, earplugs, or noise-cancelling headphones to help you concentrate.
This one is pretty self-explanatory! If you are working outdoors, there is a good chance you will encounter bugs. Be sure to have bug spray on hand to keep them at bay.
If you are working from home, chances are you will need access to the internet. Be sure to have a good Wi-Fi connection in your outdoor office to stay connected and productive. If your Wi-Fi doesn't reach your patio or porch, you can consider getting a Wi-Fi extender or a Mesh network for your home.
You will need a way to power your laptop and any other devices you might need for work. An extension cord is a good choice because it can quickly move around as needed. Just be sure to choose one that is weather-resistant, so it doesn't get damaged by the elements if you leave it outdoors.
Benefits of an outdoor office
There are many benefits to working from an outdoor office, including:
* You can get some fresh air and Vitamin D
* The change of scenery can help boost your creativity
* It can help you feel more connected to nature
* Taking a break from work is easy when you need some time to yourself
* Reducing stress levels
* A great way to get some exercise in during the day
As you can see, there are many benefits to working from an outdoor office. If you have the opportunity, give it a try! You might find it is the perfect way to get your work done.
Drawbacks of an outdoor office
Of course, there are also some drawbacks to working from an outdoor office, including:
* The weather can be unpredictable, so you might have to deal with extreme heat, cold, rain, or snow
* You might have to deal with more distractions like noise, bugs, and people walking or driving by
* You must take extra steps to protect your equipment from the elements
* You might need additional furniture or equipment, like an umbrella or a white noise machine
Overall, working from an outdoor office can be a great way to boost your creativity and connect with nature. However, you need to consider some things before making the switch, like the weather and potential distractions. Remember these considerations, and you'll be well on your way to a productive and enjoyable outdoor office space.
If you need help finding great outdoor furniture for your backyard office, visit Poly Furniture Supply today.